Make these cured cucumbers once, I swear you won’t accepting the locally acquired ones once more! These taste extraordinary in sandwiches and burgers and furthermore incredible to eat as a bite 😉
Discovered a formula years prior and have changed it to utilize significantly less sugar and vinegar and simply utilizing a few flavors I had at home.
1/2 kg english cucumbers, cut into 1/4″ thick adjusts or ovals
1 onion cut
3 dried red chillies or 1 new red jalapeno pepper cut into rings
1 tablespoon rock salt
For the brackish water –
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup apple juice vinegar or refined white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic, cut
1 teaspoon mustard seeds (earthy colored or yellow)
1/2 teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon dark peppercorns
– Combine cucumbers, onion, and peppers in a bowl; pour salt over the top and mix to cover totally.
– Cover the bowl and refrigerate, blending periodically, 2 to 4 hours.
– Rinse cucumber combination under cool water until all salt is washed away, around 2 minutes.
– Drain in a colander.
– Prepare the saline solution – Stir sugar, carom seeds, mustard seed, garlic, vinegar, water, peppercorns, turmeric together in a pan; bring to a stew and cook until saline solution flavors consolidate, around 2 minutes.
– Add cucumber combination to saline solution; heat until bubbling, eliminate from warmth, and cool totally.
– DO NOT COOK the cucumbers as they will crush up and lose the crunchy surface and taste!
– Transfer to glass containers and store in the fridge.