Quinoa and Mung Bean Khichdi With pan-seared babycorn and green peppers
Khichdi is a customary Indian dish made with rice and lentils yet today I made Khichdi with quinoa with entire green mung bean (sabut mung dal) in addition to pigeon pea (Tur Dal)
Topped the khichdi with sautéed onions, garlic, infant corn and ringer peppers.
Khichdi works incredible with Alu ka Chokha and cooked pappad and raita or yogurt, is a standard solace food in our home.
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup entire green mung bean (sabut mung dal)
1/2 cup pigeon pea (Tur Dal)
1 cup cut green ringer pepper
1 cup cut infant corn
1 onion meagerly cut
2 teaspoons finely slashed garlic
2-3 teaspoons ghee
– Wash and splash the mung dal for 2-3 hours
– wash the tur dal and the quinoa well
– pressure cook the mung dal, tur dal and quinoa with 5 cups of water and salt and turmeric powder.
– pressure cook for 4-5 whistles. Open after the pressing factor drops.
– in a sauté skillet heat 2 teaspoons ghee, add jeera. At that point sauté finely hacked garlic and afterward cut onions, earthy colored somewhat then add child corn and peppers. Sauté somewhat then add red stew powder, dhaniya powder, garam masala and somewhat salt. Add a little hacked tomato and blend all well.
– add this on the khichdi and blend well.
– Check the consistency and add more water as you want for the khichdi. We like khichdi thinnish so added more water at this stage and united everything for a bubble or two.
– serve finished off with ghee and alongside raita, pappad and alu or baingan ka chokha.